Not sure where to watch? Luckily for you TechRadar has produced this very handy guide to getting an NFL live stream…no matter where on Earth you are.
WHERE AND WHEN IS SUPERBOWL LIV?
This year’s Super Bowl will be held at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida and Bill Bellichick will be doing everything he can to ensure that the Patriots go all the way and reestablish football’s greatest dynasty.
What a spectacular season it has been so far, filled with plenty of interceptions, touchdowns, and incredible passes.
Some wins include the Patriots comeback after their first loss this season, they’ve already got two wins under their belt – they beat the Cowboys and the Eagles.
Although the Dolphins have had a couple of losses, they managed to convert NFL’s second successful onside kick of 2019. Sutton’s trick play for the Broncos along with Tim Patrick’s 38-yard catch was a particularly impressive play and example of teamwork.
Teams that are ranking high and to watch out for the next games are the 49ers, Saints, Ravens and Patriots.
Missed a couple games or ready for your next football fix? Luckily for you we’ll show you how to live stream NFL action no matter where you are in the world. Keep reading to find out the best ways to stream NFL live on all your devices with information on the NFL Game Pass, International Game Pass (well worth finding out about) and network television included.
How to stream NFL live online with Game Pass
Watching NFL online has never been easier thanks to the wide variety of streaming services now available. However, the league also has its own streaming service called NFL Game Pass which allows die-hard football fans to watch every game. Just like other modern streaming services, there are also Game Pass apps for Android and iOS mobile devices as well as on the likes of Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, PS4 and Xbox One.
But there is a catch…the $99 service only allows you to watch replays of games that have already aired on television. This means you won’t be able to watch live games as they happen – so a bit of a bummer.
Especially when you consider that the International Game Pass gives its subscribers the ability to see every game of the season absolutely live! It costs around $176 for the required Pro version, but can’t be used if you’re outside the US.
Live stream NFL during blackout games and outside the country
If a game is not playing locally due to an NFL blackout or you’re wanting to watch your Game Pass subscription from outside your country (away on business or holiday, perhaps?), then you’ll need to use a VPN to dial in to a location back in your home country to avoid geo-blocks.
A VPN is perfect for this as it allows you to change your IP address so you appear to be in a completely different location. We’ve tested hundreds of VPNs and can recommend these as the three best VPNs currently available:
1. Express VPN (comes with a 30 day money back guarantee)
This is the #1 rated best VPN in the world right now. You can watch on many devices at once including Smart TVs, Fire TV Stick, PC, Mac, iPhone, Android phone, iPads, tablets etc. Check out Express VPN and get 49% off the usual price when you sign up for a year – plus you’ll get 3 months extra FREE as well
2. NordVPN: SmartPlay tech makes NordVPN a great, affordable choice for streaming
3. IPVanish supports up to 10 devices, so great on the go
VPNs are ridiculously easy to set up and use and aren’t just for watching football abroad – they’re a great first line of defence for your online activity and many people use them to get around other geo-blocked websites or to access foreign Netflix content.
How to watch NFL on TV in the US
Even without an expensive cable TV subscription, you’ll still be able to watch plenty of football games live over-the-air in the US. With an indoor TV antenna you’ll be able to watch Sunday afternoon games on CBS and Fox, Sunday Night Football on NBC and some Thursday Night Football games on Fox. In addition to these options, if your local team is playing a game that is shown on either ESPN or on the NFL Network, then it will likely be simulcast on a local station as well.
If you’re a cord cutter or don’t like the restrictions of NFL Game Pass, then one of these alternatives may be a better fit:
- Sling TV $25-$40 per month – Sling TV lets you choose from either its Sling Orange or Sling Blue packages at $25 per month but you can also combine them both for $40 per month which is what we recommend doing if you want to watch every NFL game this season. For that price you’ll get access to ESPN, Fox, Fox Sports, NBC and the NFL Network. However, Sling TV does not offer CBS which could be important if you want to watch AFC games on Sunday afternoons.
- Fubo TV $54.99 per month – Fubo TV is a popular sports streaming service that also gives you access to live TV channels. The service includes access to CBs, Fox, NBC and the NFL Network but it does not come with ESPN.
- Hulu with Live TV $44.99 per month – Hulu with Live TV gives you access to CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN but unfortunately the service does not include the NFL Network. However, for $45 per month you can also record live TV with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage included which could be useful for recording games you don’t have the time to watch live.
- YouTube TV $50 per month – YouTube TV is only available in select cities but for $50 per month, the service gives you access to CBS, NBC, Fox and ESPN. However, you won’t get access to the NFL Network or Redzone.
- AT&T TV Now starting at $50 per month – AT&T TV NOW (formerly DirecTV Now) starts at $50 per month for its entry-level package which will give you access to over 45 channels including ESPN. You may also get access to CBS, Fox and NBC depending on where you live but AT&T does provide a handy tool to see which local channels and regional sports networks are available in your area.
- Amazon Prime Video $12.99 per month or $119 annually – If you’re already an Amazon Prime Subscriber or thinking about purchasing a membership, Prime Video will show 11 Thursday Night Football games this season beginning on September 26th. Check out the full schedule to see which teams will be playing.
How to stream NFL live in the UK
American football fans in the UK will be able to watch the latest NFL season on Sky Sports with the network showing games across various channels including Sky Sports Main Event and online via the Sky Go app.
If you’re already a Sky customer, you can add the complete sports package to your plan for £23 per month or pick specific channels for £18 per month. If you don’t need to watch every game this season, you can also purchase a Sky Sports pass from Now TV with daily, weekly and monthly options available off contract.
If you’d rather stream every game live online, then the international version of NFL Game Pass is your best bet. For £143.99 you can sign up for the service’s Pro plan which will allow you to watch all 256 regular season games, the playoffs and the Super Bowl live online.
Not in the UK but still want to catch the action on your Sky Go app or on Game Pass? Then grabbing a VPN will let you log into a UK IP address so you can live stream NFL as if you were at home.
Watch and live stream the NFL in Canada
Canadian NFL fans looking to catch this season’s games on television can do so by tuning into TSN, CTV and CTV TWO as they are the league’s exclusive broadcast partner in Canada.
However, if you’d rather stream NFL games online, then DAZN (and its free trial) has you covered. The streaming service will give you access to NFL Game Pass, RedZone, NFL Network and more for $20 a month or $150 per year with support for Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One and PS4.
How to watch the NFL in Australia
If you live in Australia and want to watch the NFL this season, you have several options to do so. Foxtel broadcasts NFL games via ESPN but you will need the network’s Sports Package to be able to watch. Subscribers get up to three live games per week including Thursday, Sunday and Monday Night Football plus all of the playoff games. You can also stream games to your laptop or mobile devices using the Foxtel Go app but you’ll need your Foxtel ID to access the app.
Just as Foxtel does, Kayo Sports will also show a limited selection of NFL games this season. The streaming service has a Basic and a Premium plan with the difference being you can watch on two devices with the Basic plan for $25 per month and on three devices with the Premium plan for $35 per month.
However, big NFL fans will likely be better off signing up for NFL Game Pass as it is also available in Australia.